Throughout the campaign, Sen. McCain has said that he will legalize all illegal aliens who have not committed a felony. Between 10 and 18 million illegal aliens would qualify for his amnesty.
If McCain wins the Republican nomination, most of the media have indicated they will interpret that as a vote for McCain's pro-illegal-immigration policies. That may even embolden Congress to try again to pass an amnesty THIS year.
Indeed, in a previous primary many misinformed Floridians voted for John McCain because they mistakenly believed that he was the best candidate for controlling illegal immigration! Make sure you know that John McCain has been the champion of amnesties in the past and even now promises to legalize nearly all the illegal aliens.
In just the past four years, John McCain has taken the following actions to support illegal immigration:
- 2006- Sen. McCain voted against extending the border fence in the Sessions Amendment (2) to H.R. 5441.
- 2006- Sen. McCain voted to prevent the border fence from being built by voting in favor of the Manager’s Amendment to S. 2611, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006.
- 2006- Sen. McCain voted to allow illegal aliens to receive Social Security by voting to table the Ensign Amendment to S. 2611, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006.
- 2006- Sen. McCain voted against funding additional immigration investigators by voting against the Sessions Amendment (1) to H.R. 5441.
- 2005- Sen. McCain voted against providing funding for additional Border Patrol and ICE agents by voting against the Byrd Amendment to H.R. 1268
- 2007- Sen. McCain is a cosponsor of S. 340, the Agricultural Job Opportunities, Benefits, and Security Act of 2007 (AgJOBS). This bill would grant amnesty to millions of illegal agricultural workers.
- 2006- Sen. McCain voted in favor of S. 2611, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006. This bill would have awarded amnesty to 10.2 million illegal aliens.
- 2003, 2005- Sen. McCain was a cosponsor of S. 239 and 1645, the AgJOBS amnesty.
- 2003- Sen. McCain was a cosponsor the S. 1461 amnesty for millions of illegal aliens.
Make plans now on how and when you will vote on Tuesday (if you are in one of the Primary states).
If you have any questions about where to go, ask a friend at church, in your neighborhood or at work. With McCain in the lead in most states, anybody who fails to vote is, in effect, voting for the McCain Amnesty.
In my humble opinion a vote for Romney is now better in the battle against illegal immigration, though I'd prefer you vote for Huckabee!
Stay informed on the issues that matter to you throughout this process. Protect the interest of future generations! Research all the candidates and check back here for updates.