February 9, 2010

NOW, That's Ridiculous!

Did you hear about that awful Tim Tebow and Mom Tebow Super Bowl ad? A mom commenting on her accomplished son and the rewarding choice she made as a pregnant young lady to see him to term? Yeah, sounds positively gruesome!

I know it's unpopular to be a champion for women's reproductive rights. Wait, what did I just say? You read that right; it's extremely unpopular to be a champion for women's reproductive rights. What I'm talking about is a woman's right to choose which path is the right one for her and her unborn child. NOT her "right" to have only one viable choice; that is the "pro-choice" stance. NOW (the National Organization for Women) is a leader in the "pro-choice" movement, pushing their pro-abortion agenda wherever they see fit.

So back to that Tebow ad. What was so offensive about it to NOW? Not the screaming, hysterical shout that women must save their babies by not aborting them, because that wasn't in there. Nor was it a demand that women only consider one option, life, upon becoming pregnant; not part of the commercial either. Surely it wasn't the part where Tebow and his mom embraced in genuine love for one another? I mean, it's a little mushy for the Super Bowl, but certainly not offensive.

Nope, the bad part about the commercial was how it underscored violence against women as a laughing matter. Remember the part where Tim tackled his mom and she admonished him for interrupting her? Yup, that's the domestic violence part. Here's what NOW president Terry O'Neill said about it:

“I am blown away at the celebration of the violence against women in it [the commercial],” she told the Los Angeles Times. “That’s what comes across to me even more strongly than the anti-abortion message. I myself am a survivor of domestic violence, and I don’t find it charming. I think CBS should be ashamed of itself.”


I mean, seriously? NOW is so off base it's as if they called the ad racist because it only featured Tebow and his mom, both white! Wait, I can almost hear a Democrat's brain gears grinding...

*****************************

On a related not, in the sense that it is also about Tim Tebow, did you know that this guy has given several open interviews and statements about being chaste until marriage?? In the land of pro athlete rape charges, tossed aside girlfriends and wives and general, encouraged sexual debauchery, we should be publicly applauding this young athlete's commitment to stay pure. What is he, like the first pro football player ever to want to save himself for his wife?? Somebody please let me know in the comments.

I don't even like football but now I am a fan of his!! =)

3 comments:

Burkulater said...

I just heard a commentary about this. It's absolutely ridiculous that NOW refuses to see the humor in the tackle. It was obviously meant to be funny. It would have been better if NOW would have kept their mouth shut on the matter. Frankly, flaw-finding and nit-picking just annoys people. I think most people would find their statement obnoxious.

Victoria said...

Exactly!

Tonya said...

should be celebrated, go girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails