So, aside from my being neurotic, which the sidebar confesses, most of you know nothing about me! But that's ok. How better to get to know one another than with a list like this? It was hard narrowing down to ten, but I think I managed to squeeze in the main things that I think define me.
1. I've been everywhere! I am a Michigan transplant, a native Minnesotan, I've also lived in Illinois and California. I've seen most of the lower 48, been to Europe twice and India twice, too.
2. I am a neo con. I was raised as a card-carryin' liberal and even voted for John Kerry- Yikes! My entire family voted for Obama- double yikes.
3. I've been reborn. I was raised in a Lutheran home, complete with infant baptism and "confirmation of my faith" at age 16. Having many unanswered questions, I first wandered, then fell very far away from theism. I became a Christian in 2005. I was baptised last year in the spring.
4. I've got a real "mind-body" problem. I have an auto-immune system disease. What this means is my body - for some unknown reason- likes to attack other parts of my body, perceiving them as a threat to my health. Unfortunately my hair was the main thing attacked, causing me to lose all of it when I was 24 (4 1/2 years ago).
5. I own more books than shoes. I read history non-fiction and theology stuff, and intersperse with Victorian-age novels. I'm a sucker for a great writer with wit and big-picture vision; I highly recommend Jacques Barzun.
6. I'm one of those "special diet" people. I most likely have celiac disease, which is an intolerance to gluten (found in wheat, barley, malt and spelt). Check out my gluten free blog (homeward bound) if you have just been diagnosed or know someone who has. Between me and my sister (who also has celiac, along with one of her kids) we can answer any question!
7. If my musical interest was food, it'd be jambalaya. I love hymns, bluegrass gospel and hip hop. I would not trade a single song past 1955 for "Sing to the Lord a New Song!" The Isaacs get me through a lot of bad days, and though I keep thinking I'll outgrow hip hop, I never do.
8. I am a true blue woman of the home. I learned to sew when I was seven and cook about the same time. My mom always let me help out with everything. My senior art studio was in fibers and I love any craft involving fabric.
9. I'm a couture model in my own head. I love walking art, and would live in Yves St. Laurant if it were humanly possible. Heck, I'd scrub toilets at the House of YSL if they'd let me!
10. I'm a singing fool. Alone- at home, or in the car only! And of course at church. Patsy Cline, Etta Fitzgerald and Norah Jones are just a few I warble along to.
Have a great day being yourselves, ladies!